Tuesday, January 02, 2007

week-late Christmas: Sushi

This was a last-minute gift after another idea I had for Tia fell through. I had an extra ball of Noro Kureyon after scrapping the Hurry-Up Spring Wristwarmers from Stitch 'N Bitch Nation in favor of the Wonder Woman wristwarmers for Kristen. I used one of the Noro balls for my Calorimetry and decided to knit the other into a bag. The back side of the bag has all shades of pink and red, but I didn't take a picture of that. The button is abalone shell ... same as on Calorimetry. I didn't have a pattern for this bag, I just cast on 45 sitches and started knitting. I made a YO button hole and a couple K rows towards the end of my yarn, then folded it over and stitched up the sides.


As soon as I saw these sushi patterns at Sublime Stitching, I immediately thought of Tia because she love sushi. I used a bright blue to match the blue on the bag for the cat's collar and the chopsticks.


Also, I tried to make the sushi pieces look realistic, but since Tia is the only one I see on a regular basis who enjoys sushi and would know how to make it look authentic, I certainly couldn't ask her and had to figure it out myself. Hopefully it is accurate! Even though the white embroidery floss I picked out was a pain in the butt to work with (very slippery!) it stands out nice on the off-white fabric, so I'm glad I picked it for the rice.

No comments: