Thursday, July 13, 2006

attempting what I always wanted

my x-back tank is out of yarn and temporarily out of commission! my decision to make the tank longer than the pattern required and my smaller-than-designed-for gauge were two factors not considered when I bought the last five balls of Deco-Ribbon at Anacapa Fine Yarns last weekend (the exact amount required for the pattern, but not for me, apparently). Lois is on vacation this week, so my tank must be put on hold until she gets back and can order more of the stuff.
I feel like this is the opportunity I have been waiting (maybe avoiding, because I am scared) for to attempt the sweater that I have wanted to knit all along. Can't link to it because it is in Debbie Stoller's Stitch 'N Bitch Nation pattern book and she doesn't have a website or post patterns online. I have been drooling over this particular sweater ever since Heather brought the Stitch 'N Bitch books into my life, close to two years ago. However, I do know myself pretty well and know that I get frustrated when things don't go right the first time. I am glad I waited to attempt this until I found an LYS with great classes and an owner/instructor who is helpful and explains things in a way I understand. After three or four scarfs, one grownup-sized shell and a baby dress am I ready to attempt lace, wrap-fronts and sleeves?

No comments: