Monday, November 02, 2009

more pumpkin deliciousness



here is a picture of my breakfast this morning ... orange juice, yogurt and a little pumpkin biscuit! so delicious :)
I got some pumpkin pancake mix at Trader Joe's last week, forgetting that Wes hates all things pumpkin (yeah, I don't understand either.) and when am I going to make a batch of pancakes just for myself? I mulled it over for a few days and then remembered how much I love strawberry shortcake biscuits made out of bisquick. Since bisquick and what I have in my pantry from TJ's are first and foremost pancake mix, I figured I could make similar biscuits from the pumpkin mix and yum yum, was I right!
You can find the recipe here, or on a box of bisquick, but if you don't happen to have one of those in your pantry, here is the recipe I used to make four biscuits:
1 cup Trader Joe's pumpkin pancake mix (or bisquick)
2 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup milk
(that's it!)
stir ingredients together and separate dough into fourths. 
drop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes. 
the biscuits are great warm, straight from the oven but were a little chewy when cooled, but I will definitely make these again! I think next time I'll try making a cinnamon glaze for the topping.

No comments: