Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bible Verse Swap

Even though I don't work in an office anymore, I still have some deadlines to hit! There are two swaps that need to be mailed out this week and I also am working on a craft kit to donate to the silent auction at Mom's preschool/church this weekend.
The first swap due this week is for two decorated cards with Bible verses. The first card was easy for me to create - some of you may recognize it :)


On the back of the card, I printed Colossians 2:7 from the New Living Translation Bible, I just love this translation of the verse:
Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all he has done.

For my second card, I used verses that we've been discussing a lot in Wes and my Thursday night small group regarding the condition of your heart (the front and back of the cards are pictured below).






The verses compliment each other and are both a good reminder to me to guard my heart for what I hold in my heart will come out of my mouth! Another passage that goes right along side these verses is Philippians 4:8.
Such fun to create the cards and also get a little reminder from the Word of God while I craft. My current favorite music to have on while I work on projects is an album of hymns by Chris Rice. It is a little slower tempo than I usually like my music, but perfectly relaxing for what I'm doing now.

P.S. the fabric in the background is a little sneak peak of the project I'm working on for the silent auction! More on that later :)

No comments: