Friday, October 09, 2009

pumpkin deliciousness



It was my turn to bring snack to Bible study last night so I made these cute pumpkin pie bites from Bakerella. Mine didn't turn out quite as cute as hers ... I didn't have time to put the faces on to make them jack-o-lanterns, and I think next time I make these I won't have so much of the crust over the lip of the mini-muffin cup. But they were so delicious! There is cream cheese in the batter, so they were a little cheesecake-y too. yum yum. They were a big hit with the group and not too terribly hard to make. The hardest part was fitting the crust in the cups, I got frozen crust and even though I defrosted it thoroughly, it was still sort of brittle.
I had leftover crust scraps and some pie batter too, so I just layered the crust bits in an oven proof bowl and poured in the leftover batter and had a delicious bowl of pumpkin to snack on today.

No comments: