Saturday, October 10, 2009

craft corner

when we moved into our new house, I was so excited for the extra room downstairs ... I immediately decided I wanted it to be the place to house all my craft supplies, extra yarn and sewing machine. This was a welcome suggestion to Wes because he's been living with my projects spread out over our apartment living room since we got married four years ago.
The room has a long way to go (it's still sharing space with boxes of stuff that I'm not going to unpack until we have our kitchen remodel next spring), but I especially love the work table I got super on sale at IKEA this summer.
Wes and I just got new dressers in our room to match our new bed so we moved Wes' old dresser down to the craft room to hold lots of supplies. It's also a good spot to rest my laptop while I'm working on projects from the RVA Autumn Craft Class. Once the boxes are unpacked I'll be able to spread out a little bit more, but for now this is great. I like being able to look out the window into our backyard too. I'll have to move the folded-up ping-pong table to expand my view!
This afternoon with Leila napping I took advantage of the quiet time to work on her Halloween costume. The pattern came from one of our class projects and I am excited to make it for her. I had to order the black onesie online (black isn't a common color for infants, I guess) but I found the fabric paint at Michael's. I need to do another coat of paint in a couple hours, then I'll stitch on a felt heart to make it extra cute. She's going to be the sweetest little skeleton ever :)

No comments: