Thursday, June 26, 2008

awake

so Wes has been in his new position of DETECTIVE for a few months now and I have gotten used to having him around at night and on the weekends and looooove it! I love it so much that I forget he is on call 24 hours a day, which means when something goes down in Carp. at 3 in the morning, he gets a call and has to report ASAP ... which is what happened today. and of course now I can't get back to sleep - so I have a little unexpected time to work on the Flutter Sleeve Cardigan. I have been working on it more this week and I am really enjoying it after a little break. Of course, I would not trade in time with my husband for more knitting time, but I am glad to have something to fill the time without him, even if I should be asleep!
but this seems like an appropriate time to recommend Power of A Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. When Wes was on night shift, I'd read a chapter a night in the chronological order in which they were written. Now, I flip right to the chapter that I think Wes needs the most at the time. Today's chapter: Protection.

No comments: