Tuesday, February 16, 2010

1.5 years later

a year-and-a-half ago I started knitting a tank for Taylor. between other projects, my pregnancy-induced knitting hiatus and moving to a new house it never got finished but while packing for Leila's first road trip to Arizona this week I made sure to bring along the UFO and all necessary elements to turn it into an FO! I must have had the gauge way off when I cast on for this because though I intended this tank for two-and-a-half year old Taylor, it is even too big for almost-four year old Taylor! 
The stripes under the bust are made using leftover yarn from the jumper I made when she was just a little thing.

Our trip was my birthday present from Wes and it was wonderful. I always love visiting our Arizona family and it was so so fun introducing everyone to Leila! 









She read books with Diana, cuddled with Renee and laughed when Kristina tickled her. Saturday night Kristina planned a special birthday dinner of chicken fajitas (BBQed by Andy) and dessert out of my new favorite cookbook! The best part was Friday night when Kristina watched Leila so Wes and I could have a date night! Going out to dinner with no bibs or watching the clock to hurry home for bedtime and avoid a meltdown was such a treat!

No comments: