Saturday, March 27, 2010

Great Race of Agoura 10k

My #1 fan after the Old Agoura 10k! It felt so great to race again ... my last "race" was the 2009 Surf City Half in which I was 14 weeks pregnant so didn't really give it my all. I've been running a lot and was hoping to come somewhere close to my pre-baby PR which I had in my head as 50 minutes. Then I looked it up and realized it was way faster than that ... but I stuck with my 50 minute goal for the 6.2 mile, incredibly hilly and challenging course.

I started out too fast and sort of fizzled in the fifth mile but still finished strong with a time of 52:32 and eighth in my age group out of 170 women! I loved seeing Leila and Wes cheering for me at the finish line. Such a great push for the last 100 yards. Now I'm on the lookout for a FLAT 10k to do soon and try to get under 50 minutes!


My sister-in-law, Whitney, completed her first half marathon today too! way to go, Whit!!

No comments: