Friday, March 05, 2010

baby sling

after lunch and crawling around on the grass yesterday, Maddie wanted to feed the ducks so we walked the kids over to the pond. I didn't get Leila's stroller out when we first arrived and after carrying her around the pond for a while I was again reminded of how big she is getting! I am also reminded when I am shopping places that don't have carts and are too small for my big stroller. A few weeks ago I came across this tutorial and today I decided was the time to use it! 

I didn't take pictures of the process (the linked tutorial has great photos of each step), but here is the finished sling with Leila riding high in it!
(she looks grumpy because right after her nap I just stuck her in the sling to see how it fit and I haven't fed her yet ... the bunny ears are to show "look ma, no hands!")

It's a little challenging to get her into the sling, but once she's in it's very comfortable and she seems to like it, despite the look on her face here. I guess the real test will be an afternoon of errands!

No comments: